Use one or more of the following methods to ensure infrastructure and facility capacities are adequate for proposed development:
- Ongoing master planning to determine the necessary water, sewer, and road infrastructure to serve development.
- An impact fee system that collects funds for specific areas as they develop and installs needed infrastructure in a timely manner.
- Use of special service districts to ensure appropriate levels of service, sufficient revenue, and timely installation of infrastructure and facilities for each district.
- Require developers to construct or fully fund infrastructure or other improvements needed to serve their development, with reasonable accommodation for future adjacent or nearby development.
- Require developers to wait until the City (or the State as the case may be) constructs the infrastructure needed to serve their development.
- For development proposed in areas not currently within one-half mile of existing water infrastructure, require a service area study to first be completed to determine the best method for providing water to the service area.