Consider ways to make Oklahoma City’s tax structure more stable, resilient, and balanced by exploring options such as:
- Changing state law to allow property taxes to be used for local government operations.
- Reducing the number of sales tax exemptions (which have increased in recent years).
- Increasing the number of basic services subject to sales tax.
- Taxation of internet sales to regain lost revenue while restoring the competitive imbalance suffered by local retailers.
- Enhancing the stability of the local economy by supporting economic diversification.