Protect and preserve natural resources, by:
- Identifying and mapping valuable natural resources, such as, native prairies.
- Maintaining a comprehensive inventory and assessment of natural resources and critical habitats.
- Identifying opportunities to create an interconnected green infrastructure network throughout and beyond Oklahoma City’s municipal boundaries via existing trail and greenway projects, parks, stream corridors, and natural areas.
- Seeking the voluntary sale of land or dedication of conservation easements on private land that is identified as critical habitat or is necessary to link wildlife corridors.
- Pursuing protection of strategically identified natural areas by placing them in conservation easements or land banks, and reserving them for future use as open space and passive recreational areas.
- Managing invasive plant and animal species.
- Partnering with applicable State agencies and non-profit entities.