Create a Healthy Food Awareness campaign that includes:
- Strategies for selection and preparation of healthy food that is cost- and time- competitive with manufactured food.
- A uniform curriculum associated with selecting and preparing nutritious food for use in schools, recreation centers, senior centers, technical/trade schools, farmers markets, and anywhere people might go to learn.
- Strategies to link training for unemployed people and welfare-to-work work programs with opportunities for living wage jobs in urban food-related businesses.
- “Edible Schoolyards”, a school-based program which integrates nutrition and gardening to raise awareness about the connection between healthy food choices and locally grown fresh produce.
- Expansion of farm-to-school programs.
- Farm-to-institution programs that offer healthy food choices to hospitals, universities, prisons, and businesses.