Promote local and urban agricultural operations by establishing programs and partnerships to:
- Lease publicly-owned land to farmers for sustainable urban agricultural use.
- Encourage land tenure methods such as land trusts, leases, and policy initiatives to secure long-term commitment for community gardens, entrepreneurial farms, and other urban agriculture ventures.
- Develop community-based farming infrastructure such as tool banks with equipment and supplies, community kitchens and other shared processing facilities, farmers’ markets, community supported agriculture projects, funding opportunities, and technical service providers.
- Construct and operate a demonstration urban farm for education, outreach, and local food production.
- Encourage the local agricultural economy and improve access to local foods by allowing city property (parks, city facilities, etc.) to be used for farmers markets and other public markets.