Revise the landscape ordinance to include the following:
- Define terms such as invasive species, exotic/non-native species, and native/indigenous species
- Require removal of invasive species from existing sites, and prohibit such species from being planted or maintained in new development.
- Provide a reference list of native plants and drought-tolerant plants.
- Provide incentives for using native and drought-tolerant plants and disincentives for using high-water plants and turf grass.
- Establish requirements for using design practices that minimize the need for supplemental irrigation.