Revise development regulations to require the following factors to be addressed in development and redevelopment proposals:
- Preservation of existing natural resources, such as wooded areas, habitat areas, and floodplains.
- Utilization of natural treatments and methods to stabilize or rehabilitate stream and river banks as a means to preserve downstream habitats.
- Integration of a variety of native or compatible non-native, non-invasive plant species.
- Mitigation of impacts of development on habitat, wildlife corridors, riparian and littoral areas, and water quality, through actions such as restoration or re-vegetation of disturbed natural areas and replacement of trees/habitat on-site or off-site.
- Management of invasive plant and animal species.
- Management and maintenance of natural areas, common areas and drainage areas.
- Impact on surface and groundwater supply.
- Impact on water quality caused by land uses and activities.
- Impacts on floodplains, riparian and littoral areas and wetlands and areas with significant landforms.