Pursue grants, partnerships, and programs that accomplish the following:
- Restore tree stands and wildlife habitats in environmentally sensitive areas.
- Acquire land or establish conservation easements in environmentally sensitive areas to reserve as permanent open space and protect wildlife and habitat.
- Establish a comprehensive habitat management program.
- Provide education and resources for proper use of pesticides and fertilizers, with special focus on encouraging integrated pest management and organic practices.
- Provide education about land management practices that address fire suppression, invasive species, use of herbicides/pesticides, and overgrazing.
- Promote the economic and aesthetic value of preserving Oklahoma City’s natural resources such as riparian areas, Cross Timbers forest, grasslands/prairie, bottomland forests, and wetlands.