Enhance the City’s Landscape Ordinance by accomplishing the following objectives:
- Add guidelines and recommendations for landscape design that minimizes the need for supplemental irrigation.
- Clarify responsibilities and standards for landscape maintenance, including within public rights-of-way.
- Incentivize the use of drought-tolerant and native plants.
- Restrict the use of turf grass to the greatest extent feasible.
- Evaluate existing landscape standards for parking lots and consider making revisions that would result in more landscape buffering on parking lot fringes and more internal landscaping.
- Evaluate existing landscape standards to determine whether new standards should be adopted to help screen or buffer parking structures.
- Evaluate existing landscape standards in comparison to best practices and peer cities to determine whether minimum site landscaping standards should be revised and/or restructured to result in increased landscaping.