Enhance existing development standards and establish design guidelines for areas outside of the City’s existing Design Review Overlay Districts. Development standards and design guidelines could include the following provisions:
- Minimize views and prominence of parking lots in relation to structures on a site.
- Sense of proportion (street width to building height, human scale)
- Pedestrian orientation of structures and architectural detailing/fenestration
- Terminated vistas
- Reduce the predominance of residential garages in the design of the front facades of single-family residences.
- Inclusion of front porches into the design of residential structures.
- Internal orientation of parking facilities and garages in multi-family developments.
- Improved pedestrian safety and enhanced pedestrian access through parking lots.